Sunday, June 6, 2010

When I saw a supplement titled "Baselworld" delivered along with my usual copy of the Mint, I didn't think I would go through it. I am one of those who think that since cell phones display time there is no need to wear a wrist-watch. But today evening I was clearing my backlog of leftover newspapers from the week, when I saw the supplement again. Going through it I came across an interview of Nicholas Hayek Sr., the Founder and Chairman of the Swatch Group. I started to read it - expecting lots of boasting and use of highfalutin words. Surprise, surprise! The guy came across as a genuine no-nonsense type of person. I especially liked his answer when he was asked if he has any plans of joining politics. Wish some so-called "Social Workers" in India would read it. :-(

If you want to read the interview, check it out at http://www.livemint.com/2010/05/31000407/Nicholas-Hayek--King-of-the-t.html

No comments: