Sunday, June 20, 2010

About 3-4 days back when I was reading The Mint I was shocked to read about the 60+ days' blockade that was gripping the whole of the Northeastern state of Manipur. I am sure I didn't see anything about it on the news channel that I watch - at least not anything on the "Breaking News" front. That was strange. Or maybe not. The Media in general ignores the North-Eastern states the way the central government does.

It was yesterday that I heard about the situation slowly returning to normal though the commercial vehicles are still not plying the national highways according to the news report. It is worrying though that the central government chose to turn a blind eye to the steadily worsening situation for days. Do we really want these states to break away? :-(

No comments: