Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When I heard about IPL match-fixing, I took it with a pinch of salt. C'mon, how can you plot and plan each ball when there are so many factors involved - the pitch, the weather, the condition of the ball and the players on both sides. Not to mention that such fixing cannot be done without the connivance of the owners - many of whom, like the Ambanis for example, are wealthy enough not to have to do such a fixing for money. I would guess that they would rather see their team win the game.

But then yesterday's match between KKR and MI is a case in point. I agree that the MI side didn't have its full arsenal of bowlers but even then such a defeat at the hands of the KKR is unthinkable. And so I have begun to suspect that maybe there is truth in this talk of match-fixing.

I am so glad that I didn't waste my hard-earned money on any match tickets. As far as the final matches go, I can always turn the TV off and go out to take a walk :-)

No comments: