Sunday, April 4, 2010

Maddening Ads!

Okay, here is the latest installment of ads that have been making me angry, frustrated, sick and well, MAD as hell!

1. ICICI - khayal aapka

Can someone please tell me in which branch of the bank does this dude who speaks for hours with the old lady sit? I would like to visit the same and see if he can do some of the normal customer service tasks in one tenth of that time. C'mon guys, be realistic. The Indian populace can put up with fantasy in Hindi movies but when it comes to money, please tell us as it is. And in the case of ICICI, it means getting the tokens and cooling your heals for 15 minutes, if you are unfortunate enough to have to visit any branch.

2. MicroMax

This ad will infuriate anyone who has been brought up with the belief that you should not waste food. And the insane way in which Akshay Kumar keeps laughing throughout makes it worse!

3. Docomo

I used to like Docomo's ads but the latest one where this guy dumps his girlfriend because another one is eyeing him from across the room does not make any sense.

4. Coke

God! The way they have mutilated the beautiful song 'tum jo mil gaye ho' is simply unpardonable! And I am yet to see a city bus where there is room and time enough for people to exchange real and virtual coke bottles. Someone please make these guys travel in a Mumbai bus.

5. Pepsi

I had liked their ad in which Ranbeer Kapoor craftily manages to gulp down the Pepsi that's meant for the "Dictator". Their latest one, though, came as a sore disappointment. I understand that the plot is yet to develop but I don't see anything promising. Hope I am proven wrong. BTW, what is Sanjay Dutt doing in that atrocious costume?

No comments: