Monday, March 8, 2010

Mellow Lemon Yellow - by Mary Kay McComas

I didn't know quite what to make of this last novella in "Bump In The Night". That's because I am not familiar with its central theme - an Imaginary Friend. Never had one and as far as I know my brother didn't have one either. I remember that a few years back when I first came across this term I had asked a colleague if she had had any as a kid and she had said that it is unlikely that any child in India will have an imaginary friend because there always are plenty of friends in flesh and blood around - thanks to the population :-) Or maybe we aren't imaginative enough ;-)

Anyways, so we have Charlotte - a plain woman who is working as an accountant. Her dad passes away and guess who shows up at the viewing? None other than her Imaginary Friend! He feels real, he looks real and he smells real enough for Charlotte to feel attracted towards him. Oh Dear! But he helps her with her makeover and the story ends with a Prince Charming showing up in due course of time.

I read this simply to complete the book. Otherwise, this kind of book is not my cup of tea!

No comments: