Sunday, March 28, 2010

आया मौसम आयपीएलका

The IPL is here again and so are the beloved Zoozoos. Must say Vodafone has got a gold mine with these adorable characters which people like me never seem to get enough of. Bring on more ads, folks! :-)

With the Indian cricketers in each of the IPL teams, there is no logical reason why I should be against any of them. But still, I am. And the funny thing is that I seem to have a bit of logic behind it - however weird.

Now, I am from Mumbai so it follows that I will always cheer for Mumbai Indians. So far so good, you say? Okay, listen to this. I hate SRK from the bottom of my heart so I don't like it when KKR wins any matches. Weird? Wait, there is more. A colleague from Bangalore made the mistake of saying RCB will thrash MI and that was enough to turn me against RCB. I used to be a fan of Preity Zinta once upon a time but lately she seems to be getting on my nerves with her over-the-top antics in the stadiums so I will not be caught praying when KXIP is in trouble.

I don't have anything against Shilpa Shetty (though I find it hilarious when Shamita behaves as if she owns the team!) so RR seems to have escaped my wrath. I am equally neutral about CSK, DD and DC - at least as of now.

And with the Pune team in the fray from next season onwards, I know of one topic that will be a strict no-no when I SMS my Pune friends. :-)

No comments: