Monday, February 22, 2010

I admit I chanced upon the movie while surfing the channels. I found the title - “The Dark Is Rising”- intriguing and so I hung on for a bit to watch the story of this boy who must find the 6 signs that will bring back the light in 5 days or the Dark forces will overrun the world. (Not an original plot!)

One scene was, however, too much for me. The boy, you see, doesn’t believe that he is the “Seeker” as an assorted bunch of oldies would like him to believe. So what does he do? He powers up his laptop and hits Google! Needless to say, he does find an article about forces of light and darkness.

Aaw, if that’s not banal, what is? Why don’t we all Google for “Ways to save the world”? Who knows, we just might find the solution. Only if they had called Google as Oracle instead :-)

No comments: