Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fireball XL5!

You can never say what you might stumble across as you go down the memory lane, can you? I was talking to my younger brother yesterday when suddently our conversation veered towards a show we both had watched as kids - Fireball :-) (This 60s show in the US was shown in the 70s in India) Bro was determined to hunt around the net and sure enough I found 2 mails from him in my mailbox in the morning.

One was video of the title song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGGuqXB8h4

And the other mail contained the lyrics. We both were in a vernacular medium school then so we had never been able to figure out any lyrics beyond the single line "My heart would be a fireball" but it was fun to read and sing them now.

If you remember watching this serial, here are the lyrics for you:

I wish I was a space man.

The fastest guy alive.

I'd fly you round the universe, In Fireball XL-5.

Way out in space together, Compass of the sky,

My heart would be a fireball, A fireball,

Everytime I gazed into your starry eyes.

We'd take the path to Jupiter, And maybe very soon.

We'd cruise along the Milky Way, And land upon the moon.

To our wonderland of stardust, We'll zoom our way to Mars,

My heart would be a fireball, A fireball,

If you would be my Venus of the stars.

Here's to 2 of my childhood dolls who were named after the lead pair - Steve and Venus :-)

No comments: