Friday, October 23, 2009

One of the two TV ads that are setting me shaking my head with disappointment and frustration these days is of Yahoo. I have always liked this company - and that has got nothing to do with the fact that it shares its name with Shammi Kapoor's famous shout! I mean, it always seems like a fun place to work in - and God knows they are rare. But their latest ad is so lacklustre. I especially hate the way the last jingle tries to draw out "It's you" from "Yahoo". It seems so contrived. And the whole ad has appearance that makes you wonder if they have run out of the ad budget. :-(

The other ad is Onida's. The Hindu religion knows Hell but I don't think we have any presiding officer like Satan there. :-) And if there is any, I am sure we Indians will find a way to bribe and silence him. :-( Anyways, I used to like the Onida Devil though, he seemed to so coolly rattle others. Alas! He is history and seems to be replaced by the horribly unimaginative tagline "आपको देखा तो यह डिजाईन आया" - whatever that means!

God! Please make the Onida people bring the Devil back :-)

No comments: