Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You must have seen one of those movies in which parallel worlds collide. I never believed any of that until 2 days back when on my way to Pune for a client meeting I saw what must surely have been a scene from the Heaven!

The Mumbai-Pune Expressway is a sight to behold during these months – a lush green carpet everywhere the eyes can reach and the mountains standing guard over the horizon. But I was a little distracted what with new Swine Flu cases still being reported in Pune. And then at a little bend in the road the car stopped abruptly. This normally doesn’t happen on the Expressway so I craned by neck forward to check out if there was an accident. It looked like a truck was taking a U-Turn and that’s what had caused the holdup.

With nothing better to do for the next 5 minutes, I turned to my left and came across a little patch of green – emerald green, a refreshing shade that gives you a cool feeling. A number of white and yellow butterflies were prancing about in the tall grass. And in the distance, the mountain-tops were surrounded by dark rain clouds.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the scene. I could have sat there forever in the car without a care in the world. For a moment, it really looked like my world had collided with Heaven and I was getting a glimpse into its beauty and peace.

Then, unfortunately, the car started and the spell broke। But I know in my heart of hearts that whenever I travel by the Expressway in future I will be forever on the lookout for that small bend in the road because tucked in its corner, is my very own heaven! :-)

No comments: