Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It’s Raksha Bandhan today! I came across this site http://www.rakhis4jawanas.com/ in a newspaper yesterday but when I visited it, I was a bit put off by the way the messages posted by people for the soldiers were put up at the site. :-(

So this is my Rakhi - not only for all those who are keeping a vigil at the borders but also for all the members of the Indian Armed Forces. I owe my sound sleep at night only to you! May this Rakhi protect you always!

I have decided to do this every Raksha Bandhan – of course, I am assuming here that I will continue to keep this blog! But I have also promised myself that one Raksha Bandhan I will go to the border to personally tie the Rakhi to the wrists of those brave ones who stand guard at the gates to make sure that the enemies stay out!

No comments: