Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I have been managing to watch episodes of “Highway on My Plate” every morning before I start for work. Time and again I have been amazed to see the duo – Rocky and Mayur – walk into eating joints that, I must confess, I will not patronize. I am not being snobbish here – I am hopelessly compulsive about hygiene.

Family and friends have put forward convincing arguments to make me mend my ways – ranging from “how do you know that the hotel with a clean dining area has a clean kitchen too?” to “the best food is served at the not-so-clean places” but I remain unfazed. It makes me sad sometimes because I am sure this is keeping me from enjoying some great food.

And this isn’t stopping my family from making snide comments like “Oh well, at least now you know why no channel worth its salt will offer you a job as an anchor of a food show!”

No comments: