Friday, July 11, 2008

I heard that the tickets of the new movie Mukhbir come with a money-back guarantee. I am not joking - you can get the money back if you don’t like the movie. Without even thinking about the Moral Hazard (even if people like the movie they can ask for refund) I am wondering if it is supreme self-confidence or total desperation that is behind this.

I sighed as I thought of so many movies that I have wasted my hard-earned money on. Two of them distinctly stand out – one was “Had kar di aapne” starring Govinda and Rani Mukherjee. I managed to survive till intermission and then walked out fearing total mental collapse. And the other movie is Battlefield Earth starring John Travolta and a bunch of yellow-toothed aliens. I distinctly remember brushing my teeth twice that night. :-)

Wonder if Dev Anand will ever announce such a scheme ;-)

No comments: