Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I finally managed to watch the latest adventures of Indie :-) I kind of dreaded watching Harrison Ford in this movie that would undoubtedly have a lot of stunts. After all, isn’t he 60+? But I needn’t have feared. I must confess though that after the arrival of the teenager I lost track of what is happening in the story and just watched the action sequences. The last scenes did remind me of “The Mummy Returns” :-)

I am wondering if I should go watch “The Happening”. The reviews on imdb.com aren’t exactly inspiring any confidence. I have a mixed opinion about Shyamlan’s movies. His “Sixth Sense” and “Signs” are my all-time favorites. I didn’t understand what he was trying to convey through “Unbreakable”. I liked “The Village” until the time the leading lady’s father discloses the secret behind the creatures that visit the village at night. I don’t know why Shyamlan chose to let the cat out of the bag so soon in the story. Somehow I felt that if he had disclosed it after the girl comes back from the city with the medicines it would have had more impact. I chose not to see “Lady in the water”. Should I or should I not watch “The Happening”?

No comments: