Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Chancellor Manuscript

I am a fan of the X-Files - right from its music to the tag line "The truth is out there". And that was sort of my introduction to the Bureau - the FBI. But I hadn't heard of its director - J. Edgar Hoover until I saw some program on the History Channel.

And I finished reading The Chancellor Manuscript 2 days back. This novel by Robert Ludlum about the "so-called" secret files of Hoover speculates that he was assassinated.

It was a fascinating book except that I sometimes found the plot too convulated. It could be because I took rather long time reading it - sometimes picking it up after a gap of 1 or 2 days. When I checked on wikipedia,I found that it was written in 1977.

Now, I am back to another of my favorite authors - Agatha Christie and this time it's The Secret of Chimneys. :-))

No comments: