Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I am Legend (Spoiler)

Will Smith owes me some money! The amount I spent on the tickets for his movie 'I am Legend'. :-)

I have loved his earlier movies like Enemy of the State, Independence Day and Men in Black. That and the tagline "The last man on earth is not alone" - I fell for these.

I liked the way the movie began - the empty streets, the special bonding between Smith and his pet dog "Sam", the sudden downing of shutters on the windows at night indicating that something is wrong, his talking to the mannequins in shops. In fact I liked everything until the lady from Maryland arrived with her kid in tow.......

After that I didn't understand the movie. I mean what was God's plan? To start life fresh on earth? Or to kill all bad people?

Why couldn't Will Smith keep his dog Sam alive even after she became infected while he was doing experiments on other infected animals?

Why didn't the people in the colony at Vermont catch Smith's daily bnroadcast?

Why couldn't he throw the granade and escape with the lady and the kid?

And someone please tell me why in the end the movie sounded as if they ran out of budget and decided to wrap it up in a hurry? :-)

What kept echoing in my mind was Smith's tearful "Someone please say Hello to me". Hope humanity's hatred, prejudices, wars, terrorism and genocides don't turn reel life science-fiction into real life nightmare for the last man on the planet - if any is left at all.........

No comments: