Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sachin supporting Men in Blue?

I had vowed to myself that I will put this whole Twenty20 World Cup debacle behind me and not write even a word more on it as it brings back painful memories of a humiliating defeat. But I am mightily surprised that Sachin chose to defend the Dhoni Brigade.

What worries me is that he is saying they tried their best. We are the only team that lost all 3 matches in the Super 8, for God's sake! And this is called the team's best effort? I am sure there would have been many amongst us who would have risen in support of the team if our guys had gone down fighting. But playing poorly and calling it the team's best effort is simply unpalatable.

I am sorry Sachin but I don't agree with you on this one because if what you are saying is the truth then we would have to be certifiably insane to expect any sterling performances from this team in the coming tournaments. :-(

No comments: