Wednesday, January 27, 2010

दिल तो बच्चा है जी

Ordinarily I wouldn’t have listened to this song but a friend SMSed me specifically to listen to it on the FM. “From what I know of you, you would like this one” said he. “All right, let’s see how much you know me” said I. That’s how I came to listen to “दिल तो बच्चा है जी” from the movie "इश्कियां".

Though I have always loved Gulzar’s words, I didn’t much like the lyrics of this one. The music, however, is an altogether different thing. I don’t know how this song has been shot but as far as I am concerned, it somehow gives a feel of an empty road stretching till the horizon, a sky laden with rain clouds and a solitary figure singing and dancing his way through this landscape. The music has a sort of a Gypsy ring to it, if you know what I mean.

I have been hooked ever since :-)

No comments: