Monday, December 21, 2009

I guess I must have had enough of Mary Higgins Clark finally. So I turned my back on the shelf that contained 2 more of her novels at the library.

My eyes fell on Barack Obama’s “Dreams From My Father”. I have been seeing this book for the past couple of days at the library but never thought of picking it up. Maybe, partly because I don’t much care for people in politics. But another reason was because I wondered why I needed to know about Obama Senior’s dreams :-)

And then there was this thought – why should I pay Rs. 15 reading surcharge for reading it? I agree that the amount in itself is not much. But some silly stubborn streak in me kept me from paying it and taking the book home with me. I haven’t been able to fathom it out yet. :-(

Anyways, I guess I wanted to take a break from the crime & mystery novels that have been my bedside reading for the past few days and was looking for some meaningful content in the last days of the departing year.

So now, I am reading about the current POTUS’s early life. :-) Will let you know how I find it. Watch this space.

No comments: