Sunday, July 19, 2009

Forever in search of interesting programs on the same old TV channels, I had stumbled upon 9X channel during my stay in Trivendrum. Shut up in the hotel room on the weekend with nothing but the office laptop for company, I had endlessly flipped through channels till I landed on “दिल से दिल तक” (I remember writing on this blog earlier about it). I loved it and on returning back to Mumbai, I have tried to watch it whenever possible on weekends. This program is aired 8am-12am on all days, of course.

In this program, they play songs from Hindi movies interspersed with fillers like “Kuchh Kook Hota Hai” – in which a chef tells you how to make a dish without him cooking it – and “Biwi o Biwi” which shows the banter of a homely looking couple. But my most favorite part of this program is the chitchat between 2 friends that begins at 10. One of them is married while the other one is single and they talk about everyday life. The most refreshing part is that it doesn’t sound scripted at all, just what people like you and me will talk with our best friend when we catch up with him/her. :-)

Oh, and if you have free time after 12pm, you can catch Chef Nikhil Rastogi whip up delicious food in रस्मे रसोई.

If by a queer twist of fate, anyone from 9X happens to read this – Guys, you are doing a fantastic job!

No comments: