Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recently I was watching the “Deep Fried Food” episode of the “Food Paradise” series on Discovery Travel and Living Channel. I already have a huge To-Do List of food that I plan to taste when I take my dream India vacation, hopefully, in a few years from now – Surati Mithai and loads of Gujarati food, Chhole and paratha in a dhaba in Punjab, Sea-food specialties in a houseboat in Kerala backwaters and so on and so forth. Oh yes, I also want to visit the NorthEast region and find out what their culinary delights are. :-)

Added to this list now are a number of dishes from various episodes of the “Food Paradise” series – except for one. There is a burger place in Memphis – Dyer’s. They have been frying their burgers in the same oil since 80+ years!

Don’t believe me? Check out for yourself - http://www.yelp.com/biz/dyers-burgers-memphis

No comments: