Thursday, January 8, 2009

क्या राजू भी कभी जन्टलमन था?

One shouldn’t speak ill of the dead – and of one's ex-employers. But though I hate to admit it, the truth is that I seem to have worked my butt off, for two years, for a company which everyone is now calling India’s Enron! I admit, I didn’t have much good to say about them when I put in my papers. But a fraud of this magnitude from such a reputed company is simply unbelievable!

We hear so many terms like “Fundamental Analysis” and “Technical Analysis” when it comes to buying stocks. The question now is if any of these will help when the books have been cooked for years and the auditors have turned a blind eye? Can the retail investors still go for blue-chip stocks because the experts recommend them for the long term? Because in the long run a lot of chicken can come home to roost - they did for Satyam.

While I hope that this sorry episode will not do any lasting damage to India's IT industry, I cannot help but wonder if Satyam's corporate motto should have been "Whatever Business Demands"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very clever title.
All the best.