Sunday, June 19, 2011

About 2 days back, a friend SMSed me asking if I knew about any books on "Public Relations". I didn't have a clue so I asked her for the specifics that I could post on my B School alumni network. She said that her sister is appearing for entrance exam of the said program from Mumbai University. I posted an email accordingly.

I was surprised when I received an answer from one alumnus:
Effective Public Relations - Cutlip, Center & Broom

I must confess that I found the names of the authors rather funny. Never before in my life had I heard about anyone having these last names. But I was busy so I SMSed the details to my friend. Pat came the SMS 'is this supposed to be a book?". I wrote back "What else could it be?". She fired "It sounds rather funny". I rolled my eyes as much as I could and did a quick check on Google. The book is genuine alright!

I am sure my friend would have heard "sounds funny" too when she told her sister about the book :-)

No comments: