Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I somehow don't find the IPL matches terribly interesting. Is everything still pale compared to India's World Cup win or is it simply a case of "Cricket Overdose"? I am not sure.

I read somewhere that a ODI series between India and Pakistan is in the offing. I hope this is only a rumor. I am sure such matches will do more harm than good as far as the relations between the two countries go. :-(

ICC seems hell-bent on keeping countries such as the Netherlands and Ireland out of the 2015 World Cup. The reason is that they are considered as "The Minnows". Hello, don't we have 4 more years to go still? Why can't the so-called giants of the cricketing world start touring these countries so the "Minnow" teams can practice and hone their skills? What's the point of calling it the "World Cup" if you are gonna try every trick in the book to keep new members from coming in?

Oops, I forgot. There are no big bucks in such tours, are there any? Who thinks about promoting cricket and such rubbish! Sadly, no one :-(

No comments: