Tuesday, May 26, 2009

9X dil se

It was late in the night and I was going through my list of Hindi and English TV channels in a hotel in Trivendrum 2 weeks back. I chanced upon 9X. The program name said "चांदनी राते". I left the channel on as I went to look phor something in my bag. And I am glad I did that. I didn't know how the next one and a half hour passed as the program played many of my favorite old Hindi songs - I was watching some of them for the first time. The narrations by the anchor person in the intervals were good too. For the rest of my stay in Trivendrum, this channel was my daily companion from 10:30pm to 12am.

I also found out that they have a similar show on Saturday-Sunday mornings from 8-11:30am. No prizes for guessing which channel my TV was tuned to on weekend mornings. :-)

Sadly, I saw ads for a new program on Mon-Thurs at 10:30pm starting this week. :-( Worse still, I have found that the cable network back home in Mumbai doesn't air this channel :-( I need to have a word with the cable guy.

No comments: