Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Neumonia and Other Sketch Stories

Yeah, yeah, I know I haven’t spelt it right but this, indeed, is the title of the little e-book of sketch stories penned by Dhimant Parekh (www.sketchstories.com).

I came to know about it when he sent an email on my B-school’s alumni site and I have recently finished reading it. I found “Raw Mangoes” and “The New Star” hauntingly beautiful. We all seem to go through a complex web of emotions even during the course of our mundane lives – a web so gossamer that we cannot, sometimes, describe it in words even if we try. Dhimant seems to have achieved exactly that in many of his stories – “The Yearning” amply demonstrates that.

I also liked "Churchgate Fast", "One Fine Day" and "A Flying Tryst" but must confess that “The Final Enclosure” was a bit over my head. :-)

So if you get a chance, do visit the e-book site and read the book. It’s free - and it's good!

No comments: